Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hints: Reporting from Kerala with the Canon 5D Mark II - Dphoto - Dphoto

Into india 101

1/200 sec. – F / 4.5 to 400 ISO – zoom24-105
Beautiful portrait of elderly woman, even though I sliced ??one of the most important things of the composition: the hair.
Probably the fear that changed this expression, it made me take on instinct, and my instinct generally makes me ‘cut just above the forehead.
In fact, in the other shots that I did, I found all the hair, but not the expression .
Despite this, it is a candidate for the cover of the book on this trip, if it ever will.

text and photos of Gianni Viviani

A trip to Kerala : meetings, situations, objects, lights and colors. Here, as promised to those who follow me in the Critique of the photographic gallery of Dphoto, a series of photographic ideas accompanied by brief reflections and, of course, from the data of the shot.
Typical travel photos, made with care, without splitting hairs, of detail and sharpness.

The kit consisted of a Canon 5D Mark II – full frame DSLR now replaced by the Canon EOS 5D Mark III in the price – and a small kit of optics:

Canon 20-35 f / 2,8, never used.
Canon 24-105 f / 4,0 stabilized.
Canon 70-200 f / 2,8
The polarizing filter.
3 memory cards, 16MB each.
1 Backpack.

During the trip I have ever taken in automatic aperture priority (AV) by changing the ISO when I needed.

Kerala is a state in southern India, a narrow strip of land on the south-west of the country, towards the Arabian Sea. Keralam called by its inhabitants, Kerala is the Indian state with the highest literacy rate (over 90% of the population).

india 107

1/80 sec – f / 9 – ISO 250 – zoom 24 – 105
The scene that I had presented it was wider of course, and I made several shots with different shots, but in the end I chose this cut to focus more on the aesthetics and the vision ‘ essentiality of the subjects.
No message, just a representation of the old and the new.

india 126

1/40 sec – f/11 – ISO 320 – 24-105 zoom
The only care that I had to follow was to shoot at the exact moment of the collective effort.
Otherwise, the scene ammosciava a lot, and did not broadcast the good intention.
L ‘horizon tilted in the opposite direction of the boat, from the’ dynamism more.

india 105

1/640 sec – f / 8 – ISO 200 – zomm 70-200
In the same morning, walking I found this scene.
A beautiful scene, and also very easy to perform.
I have to say that the position of the subject, and the boat in the distance, were two elements randomly favorable.

india 116

1/250 sec. – F / 5.6 to 1000 ISO – Zoom 24-105
As you can see, the eyes of these four girls from school, are the real attraction.
I stopped , and I made it clear, (I do not speak still indicated) if I could photograph them.
Happy told me … yes.
The shot is not perfect, I cut two hands, but for the usual my attention to the moment, I have preferred to concentrate on the expression.
I will have made six shots or so, I found this more funny and intense at the same time.

india 127

1/400 sec. – F / 2.8 to 800 ISO – Zoom 70-200
I was photographing a girl, a seller of scarves, when inside the shop (so to speak), his sister out … I think, much more available and photogenic.
I moved the frame, and tripped.
The naturalness of this expression and smile, enclose my dogged pursuit on spontaneity.
The red trail on the right, and a scarf fluttering, had entered the field, close to the lens.
The randomness helped me. The picture is much more pleasant.
Less pleasant, and having cut the necklace, but unfortunately the eyes and the smile lasted only for one shot, and the shot was immediate. Venial sin.

india 104

1/250 sec. – F / 5,0 – 200iso – zoom 24-105
Early morning along the beach in Cochin.
I liked the sense of art and freedom of expression applied to the shaft .
The guy with the bike was not an option, but when I saw it coming, I thought there would have been bad, and so it was.

india 130

1/500 sec. – F / 4.0 to 250 ISO – Zoom 24-105
The famous tuc tuc. Mini Indian taxi.
In his small, I find it a perfect photo.
Represents well the beauty of the medium and its cheerful setting, then the Indian character, and finally, the background is for the country.
The face of the driver, I cleared in post-production, and I think I made a good choice.

india kerala 102

1/2500 sec. – F / 2.8 to 250 ISO – Zoom 70-200
Still-life
I always dwell on the compositions of still life, the details have a great fascination for me.
Colors, layout object and lights, I was attracted to this scene.
electric wire, I could remove it, but then I gave up thinking that it is’ very India.

p 89EKCgBk8MZdE

No comments:

Post a Comment