Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Acrobat, clown, barrel man David Dimitri makes a circus - LaDépêche.fr

201310241153 full

David Dimitri. “I am the director of a circus that I’m the only artist.” / Photo Mario del Curto

zoom

201310241153 full

He set up his tent in Blagnac until Saturday. And every evening David Dimitri, “the circus man” who take care of everything, offers incredible performance in which he even transforms into a man cannon.

hair is very blond, very blue eyes and gentle smile. Sort of magician Little Prince, the poet and juvenile side, but also acrobat, acrobat, gun rights, clown accordionist David Dimitri alone a “circus man” name he also gave to his show in the tent, full of prowess and humor and ends on a wire in the sky to thirteen meters high … Meet a circus out of the ordinary.

How to become circus man

My parents have a theater school living in Switzerland and my father, the clown Dimitri worked for several years with Marcel Marceau. When I was nine, we went as a family on tour with the famous Swiss Circus Knie and my father offered his clown act. And this is, I made the virus circus. at age 14, I left three years to circus school in Budapest and at the Juilliard School in New York to dance. I then joined the Cirque du Soleil and the Big Apple Circus and Knie. But after a time, repeating the same small number without the possibility of progress, no longer sufficed. . I wanted everything. I was lucky: not having the means to hire a band, I told myself that I would do everything myself

.

How was built “Man Circus”

what I had learned in my career I was served. T out and I could not to have a horse to do stunts, an elephant catapult me ??into the air, he took me for lack of means, invent. So, I have replaced the leg of the elephant by a system of weights and pulleys … For years, I moved my show to pieces on stage .. And then there was seven years old, I bought my tent and that is what really started the show. Here “The circus man” has become a brand, a consistent reality. It is as if the tent was my home and I invited people to come and see what I can do …

You do everything

Absolutely. I am the director of a circus that I’m the only artist. The wire is my specialty, but I also do acrobatics music, clown. I’m even a catapult gun. My peculiarity is also my show is in my tent with me as I embark on a truck and trailer. 30 tons of material.

What was most difficult? Being alone with my idea. To be sure in my heart that it would work. In these cases, it takes a lot of conviction and it consumes a lot of energy.

How would you describe your show “The Circus Man”

Humbly I say it’s magic in another sense. Because in the circus, it’s not like the movies or the theater is all true and is a somersault somersault. The further I go, the more I like the simplicity. With a flick of a gesture, a glance. At the right time, timing is very important. I like to say that every day I do more with less.

p 89EKCgBk8MZdE

No comments:

Post a Comment